Recipe | easy peasy miso ice cream by itsu
serves 2 | prep time 20 minutes | cook time 6 hours
- 3 sachets miso'easy traditional
- 2 tbsp honey
- 300 ml double cream
- 175 grams condensed milk
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Start by making the miso flavouring - heat the itsu miso’easy and honey in a small pan or the microwave and then mix to form a smooth paste.
- Whip the double cream and condensed milk together until soft peaks form. Stir through the miso honey paste and then freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Lay out a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray and pop to one side. In a heavy based pan, sprinkle the caster sugar over a medium heat until in one even layer. When the edges start to melt, shake the pan but don’t touch with a spoon or anything! Keep going until you have a gorgeous golden caramel. Pour out onto the baking tray and paper and then sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Leave to harden.
- When ready to serve, shatter up the brittle and then sprinkle over the ice cream!