Recipe | Mediterranean Olive & Butterbean Stew with Crispy Wedges by Nourishing Amy & Olly's
The weather maybe typically British outside but Amy (@nourishing.amy) is keeping that sun shining in kitchens all over the UK with the mediterranean flavours of this recipe
Filling, wholesome and DELICIOUS.. everything you want from an Autumn recipe, it also happens to be vegan and gluten free! 🌱
The juicy green olives add a punch of flavour and freshness to the warming butterbean stew. We recommend using @ollys.ollys Chilli and Rosemary olives for a kick of chilli or the Basil and Garlic to keep things classic. The crispy potato wedges can be swapped out for a hunk of sourdough, rice or creamy mash making this dish super versatile!
To feel that Mediterranean sun on your belly, you’ll need:
1 onion (diced)
2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
1 large or 2 small carrots (grated)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tin butterbeans (drained)
400g chopped tomatoes
100-200ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp syrup or honey
Pouch of Olly’s Olives
2 large potatoes (chopped into wedges)
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
Toppings of your choice( We recommend coconut yogurt, fresh basil and seeds)
- Preheat that oven to 180Fan/200*C and nestle some baking paper onto a tray.
- Place potato wedges on the tray and season some olive oil, the cumin, salt and pepper. Roast those beauties for 30 minutes or until tender, and give ‘em a flip halfway through.
- While they’re roasting, heat olive oil in a frying pan and the onion and garlic. Fry for 5 to soften. Then add the carrot, mixed herbs and stir it up.
- Add the butterbeans, chopped tomatoes, stock, balsamic vinegar and syrup to the pan and give another stir...add in the olives and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over a gentle heat for 10-15 minutes with a lid on.
- Serve warm with the potato wedges and any other toppings.