Recipes | Fred’s Barebells Vegan Hazelnut Brownies by @fredandbutter
1/4 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
2 tbsp Cacao Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3 tbsp Coconut Oil melted and cooled
1/4 cup Palm Sugar
1/4 cup Aquafaba (the liquid from a tin of Chickpeas)
Barebells Vegan Hazelnut & Nougat Bar chopped into small pieces
25g Vegan Dark Chocolate (optional)
1/4 cup Hazelnuts chopped
- Preheat your oven 180 C and line a 2lb loaf pan with non stick parchment paper.
- Add all the step 1 ingredients into a blender and blend until combined and the oats have become a flour. Alternatively if you have oat flour, you can mix all of the step 1 ingredients by hand in a medium bowl.
- In your large mixing bowl whisk the aquafaba on a medium high speed until you have soft bordering on stiff peaks. Like you would for a meringue.
- Add the palm sugar in 2 or 3 additions, whisking each time until combined.
- Slowly pour in the melted and cooled coconut oil whisking at the same time until combined.
- Fold your dry ingredients into the aquafaba meringue.
- Add your Barebells Vegan Hazelnut & Nougat pieces. Add in the dark chocolate if desired. Fold these into the mixture.
- Pour/spoon your brownie batter into the prepared loaf tin. Smooth out the top and then sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Cool completely before cutting (that is, if you can resist)