Recipes | Bite Size Pretzel Peanut Butter Cup Cakes by Frances Quinn (GBBO Winner)
This Indie Bay Recipe features delicious Bite Size Peanut Butter Cup Cakes made by none other than Great British Bake-Off winner Frances Quinn.
Indie Bay tasked Frances to create an Indie recipe Mary Berry herself would be proud of… let’s just say, there is a reason she won the GBBO!
Team Indie Bay
BITE SIZE PRETZEL PEANUT BUTTER CUP CAKES
- 1 x 26g packet Indie Bay Spelt Pretzel Bites
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp barley malt extract
- 1 tsp sugar nibs
- 100g peanut butter (1 tbsp peanut oil)
- Line a 12 hole mini muffin tin with mini muffin cases.
- Break up and place the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Melt over a small pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Or by microwaving in short increments on a low setting, stirring after 30 seconds, for about 2 minutes.
- Once melted add in the peanut oil from the top of your peanut butter jar (you can also use groundnut or coconut oil) and barley malt extract (maple syrup, golden or argave syrup also works) Sir together until silky and smooth.
- Spoon half of the chocolate mixture between each paper case, tapping the base of the tin to coat each case evenly.
- Next place a pretzel bite at the centre of each chocolate covered case before placing in the freezer to set.
- While setting pick another 12 pretzel bites and set to one side. Bash and break up any remaining bites in the bag with a rolling pin. Add these to your peanut butter in a small bowl and mix to fully combine.
- Once the chocolate bases have set, remove the tin from the freezer and spoon and divide the extra crunchy peanut butter between the cases, ensuring the peanut butter reaches the edge of each case. Again tapping the base of the tin can help with this stage.
- Spoon over the rest of the melted chocolate to fully coat each peanut butter filled case-once again tapping the base of the tin! Sprinkle over a scattering of sugar nibs before topping with your 12 reserved pretzel bites.
- Return the tin to the freezer and leave the cups to fully set before serving.
Hopefully your bites will look as good as Frances'
If you want to see more of Frances' CrEATions be sure to take a look at her cook book.