Recipe | 'Chargrilled' - Vietnamese Noodles with Chicken by Francesca Fox
Recipe by @piggieandporkie
This is called 'Chargrilled' because I accidentally overdid the skin a bit so I’m playing that off as chargrilled, rather than burnt 🙃.
I wanted something that tasted like a treat but was also healthy ish - this is literally me every meal so I don’t know why I bother stating it like it’s something new 😂.
This turned out delicious, we used rice noodles to make it gluten free & served up with pak choi, beansprouts & sticky green beans. I also added these @abakusfoods seaweed crisps which gave an extra crunch & also taste bloody amazing by themselves too. Very moreish. I received them in my monthly @snackfully_uk box which gets me through the day with delicious snacks 🤤👏
- 2 x Chicken Thighs with Skin on
- 1 x Head of Pak Choi
- 1 x Pack of Gluten Free Rice Noodles
- 1 x Pack of French Beans
- 1 x Handful Fresh Bean Sprouts
- Soy Sauce
- 4 x Garlic Clove
- Sweet Chilli sauce
- Minced Fresh Ginger
- Start by mixing 2tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp minced ginger, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 4 chopped garlic cloves.
- Coat chicken thighs (with skin on) in the sauce and leave to marinate.
- Add to a frying pan with oil on a high heat, skin down, for 6 mins or until seared and browned.4.
- Chuck in the oven for 15/20 minutes.
- When it looks almost cooked, remove and add another 1 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tbsp of honey for extra caramelisation. Pop on the grill for a few minutes for that char grilled - not burnt effect 😉.
- Boil your noodles & french beans separately according to pack instructions.
- Chop pak choi of it’s white base and add to a pan with 2 crushed cloves of garlic and some minced ginger. Remove from pan.
- Chuck beansprouts in the same pan, stir fry for a few mins and then add in your drained noodles & pak choi to stir fry for a few mins.
- Serve with the chicken & top with chilli flakes, sesame seeds & extra soy sauce if need be.